EUREL International Management Cup 2022Zur Veranstaltungs-Homepage
For students and young professionals of Electrical Engineering.
Virtually, Award Ceremony @Lisbon
The EUREL International Management Cup is a strategic business simulation for students and young professionals of Electrical Engineering. It is a simulation used in management trainings at Siemens and covers all the areas of managing a corporation like:
- marketing and sales
Step by step, you will learn how to decide on aspects like:
- product life cycle
- personal competence
- production cost management
- corporate identity
- share price, rating
- as well as shareholder value-oriented management
Further information here!
What is your task?
After finding your team of two to four fellow engineers and your successful application you will start the simulation. Your team will be the management board of a virtual shareholder company – and you will compete with a set of other teams on the same market.
Choose a strategy to run your company.
Every week your team will take decisions on investments in production, on your research and product strategy, your financial Management – and even on the dividends you pay to your shareholders.
You will learn to decide on these aspects in a step-by-step-manner, and you will always be able to ask our hotline for support in case you run into questions.
How to apply?
Form your team!
First thing you need to do is to complete your team. A team can consists of 2 to 4 people. The simulation is intended for students, graduates and young professionals with electrical background (for example: Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Power Engineering, Telecommunications, Automation, Electrotechnical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Cybernetics and similar) of EUREL member associations.
That gives you a clue where to look for the members of your team.
To apply you need to state your motivation and provide us with the information on your team.
- names of team members
- e-mail adresses
- mobile phone number
- motivation statement
- EUREL member association
Please send your application mail to email@example.com at the lastest by 13.06.2022
VDE Young Net
Young Engineers' Panel
Your team will be the management board of a virtual shareholder company – and you will compete with a set of other national teams on the same market.
In the simulation, you will learn in a step-by-step-manner to decide on aspects like:
- product life cycles
- personnel competence
- corporate identity
- shareholder value-oriented management
The market reaction to the decisions of your virtual company (and those of your competitors) will then be computed by a simulation software – with each simulation step taking one week and representing one whole business year. A handbook will give you a systematic introduction to your virtual company, the effects of the decision parameters and the proceedings of the simulation. There will be a hotline support operating two hours on each day of the decision-making weeks.
- Setting the goals: Market share to achieve, profit, product attributes and quality
- Strategy: Conservative, expansive, high risk
- Managing board: How will you organize yourself as a team?
- Product pricing: At what price will you offer your product in the next period?
- Investments: Research investments, production machines
- Running the company: Employments, financial management, production management
To get familiar with the simulation and the decision-making, there will be an introductory test round. After the test round, we will start the business simulation. A virtual business-year is a real-time week. Each decision is made for one virtual business year. Therefore, at the end of each week of the preliminary round, you will send your decisions. The simulation software will compute the market reaction based on these decisions and our coach will send you the results of the performance of your company. Based on your results and on an analysis of the market, your team will make your decisions for the upcoming business year (the next real-time week).
The Overall Goal
Your overall goal during the business simulation should be to achieve the best performance on the stock market where your company is listed on. Your share price will depend on your results and it will be taken as the indicator to select those teams which are invited to the final round of the game (each year in another city).
Online Preliminary Round
The simulation is split into two rounds:
- The first round: 18.08.2022 - 31.07.2022
- The Final: 01.09.2022 - 02.09.2022
Takes place online during six weeks. At the end of each week you have to hand in your decisions for the next period. Your goal should be to have the best-performing shareholder company in the market you are competing on. There are several markets, each with a certain number of teams.
The winner teams of each market were invited to take part in the three-day final online. During the final teams from all across Europe compete directly against each other.
Award Ceremony @Lisbon
The award ceremony will take place on 29.09.2022 – 30.09.2022
Datails to be continued...
- Take part in a business simulation used for management trainings at Siemens
- Get qualified for the environment you will work in as a potential engineering project manager (you will receive an official participation certificate)
- Get familiar with international business terms
- Give your management qualities a try
- Compete with students and young professionals from other EUREL member associations
- Take the chance to expand your personal network internationally
- There is a prize money for the teams in the final round:
- The premium for participating in the final is 100,- € per team attending.
- The winning team receives a prize money of 200,- € per team attending.
- The team application has to be handed in at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Monday, 13. June 2022.
- The testing round will take place from 18. June to 25. June 2022 ONLINE.
- The preliminary round will take place from 27. June to 31. July 2022 ONLINE.
- The final round of the International Management Cup IMC 2021 will take place from 1. September to 2. September 2022 ONLINE.
Participants having taken part in the final in the past are excluded from participation.
Teams from countries which are not members of EUREL may participate only in the preliminary round.
Registration period until 13 June 2022
The personal information we ask for is strictly protected and will not be used for any other purpose but to run this game. After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email. Right before the start of the introductory test round, you will then receive the contact information of our coach and all the required game instructions.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail email@example.com