Basis of our work
- The power grid is the basis for the successful implementation of the energy transition.
- Transmission systems, distribution networks and connected generating plants must be developed as a total system.
- The entire system needs to be developed further both technically and in market terms.
- Targeted and proactive technical development is essential for avoiding costly retrofits.
- An orientation on the diversity of individual interests is not effective.
What defines FNN
- At FNN, manufacturers, network operators, generating plant operators and scientific institutions identify upcoming technical challenges and develop joint solutions.
- The objective is to maintain a safe system operation with an increasing penetration of renewable energies. Specifically, this means to ensure safe system operation with 80% renewable energies by 2050 under all operating conditions. Supply quality and availability must remain at current levels.
- The VDE|FNN Application Rules support a transparent and proactive development of the overall system.
- The cooperation of relevant expert groups on forward-thinking regulation leads to a higher security of investment for product developers, manufacturers, network customers and network operators.
- Output from technical regulation at FNN support a more rapid application of innovative technologies, making them suitable for everyday use and ensuring their compatibility in the system.
What we strive to achieve
- Serve as point of contact for the technical implementation of the energy transition
- Strengthen FNN´s position in politics, media and the public
- Raise awareness of the importance of electrical networks and the proactive technical development of the entire system
- Establish framework conditions for technical self-regulation
- Liaise between experts with ministries and research institutes
- Through membership contributions and publications
- FNN Members include companies that operate or provide services to the power grid as well as developers of network technology and operators of systems connected to the power grid.