VDE Renewables takes advantage of its extensive testing capabilities as well as the knowledge of its experienced battery experts to conduct independent forensic- or accident investigations of cells and battery energy storage systems (BESS), either standalone or in collaboration with established surveyors (e.g. in the marine business), relevant authorities or other stakeholders.
Our services in that field include, among others:
- Document reviews: QA procedures and logs, shipping documentation, incident reports
- Inspections and evidence collection: Accident sites, production facilities
- Testing and analysis: Re-testing of samples to confirm claims, electrochemical analyses, inspection and testing of product packaging
Some examples from past projects:
- Reconstructing of an incident device after a battery explosion and deter-mining the cause of the incident
- (Re-)Tests and measurements on batteries and cells from a battery fire during transportation
- Provided expert opinions on possible causes of incidents and review of the battery Dangerous Goods shipping documentation
- Assisting stakeholders and authorities with evidence collection at the harbor and assessment of cells from the same shipments that survived the fires
- On-site inspection of containerized energy storage after battery container fire
Use the knowledge of VDE Renewables to quickly resolve incidents and improve your products and processes.