Transparency is in the first place.
- You can lay open all information that is required by the EC directive in order to show compliance with standards and safety requirements to each of the customers and users of your products.
- You can issue declarations of conformity, declaring the compliance of your product with the standards and safety requirements of the EC directive. This is the procedure recommended by ALPHA at VDE.
- You can present a certificate where a third party, the certification body, declares that they are confident concerning the keeping of the standards and safety requirements. This can be offered by ALPHA at VDE as a supporting measure for customers, who are not satisfied with the declaration of conformity, for key elements of your product range,
- for standard models, where you issue declarations of conformity for the different versions.
The certification body has gained the confidence about the certified product on the basis of the provided information concerning the product itself, the test results obtained from an accredited laboratory, the correct application of the standards. And from the application of the certification system that regulates the path from the information to the certificate, which determines the activities of the observer, whether assessors can take part in the tests, how the test results are documented, how the quality assurance of the product is included in surveillance measures, what the certification body itself has to do on account of their own requirements stipulated in the quality manual.
This is what the certificate should bring across to the user of your product: the certification body has confidence in the products that are listed on the certificate.
Even ALPHA at VDE has to be convincingly open and win confidence. ALPHA at VDE certifies under the roof of the certification body of the VDE Institute, which has been accredited by the German Accreditation Body DAkkS. In addition ALPHA at VDE operates in accordance with the LOVAG requirements and will be evaluated by periodic Peers Assessments conducted by LOVAG partners. Therefore, ALPHA at VDE can issue LOVAG certificates, which are recognized on the European level and to an increasing degree on the global scale.
What has to be done, if you need a LOVAG certificate?
Please contact the certification body ALPHA at VDE as soon as possible. After a preliminary inquiry we will comprehensively inform you about all necessary steps. If you do not have your own accredited testing laboratory we can inform you about accredited and LOVAG registered testing laboratories.
You can then contact the testing laboratory that you believe is suitable for your purposes.
Extensive tests should be discussed with customer, certification body and testing laboratory. All concerned parties can thus avoid redundant work.
The following information have to be supplied by the customer:
(Forms and examples can be downloaded as Word or PDF files)
Prior to submitting the test report:
1. Order form
2. Test planning (also see „Certificates for Product Families“)
3. Explanation for type designation of the product
Together with the test report:
4. List of conducted tests
5. Test report resp. LOVAG Test Report from an ALPHA at VDE / LOVAG registered testing laboratory
6. Part listing for the tested object (if not included in the test report)
7. System of the type designation
8. General information about the product, such as lists or catalog pages
After conclusion of the procedure you will receive the following from the certification body:
9. A signed certificate for the product tested by the accredited testing lab, including the test report with enclosures.
10. Informational leaflets about ALPHA at VDE and LOVAG for handing out to your customers and other interested parties. You can emphasize the significance of the certificate.