In recent years, there has been a significant increase in the number of power generation plants (PGP) based on renewable energy sources. In addition to photovoltaics and wind power, these also include biomass or biogas-fired combined heat and power plants (CHP) or hydroelectric power plants. Industry experts predict that the share of renewable energies in the overall energy balance will continue to increase in the coming years.
This increasing growth presents new challenges for the energy industry. In order to guarantee the stability and security of the energy supply, many European countries have defined corresponding grid access regulations. These stipulate a minimum of electrical properties and must be complied with by future energy producers.
As your dynamic, independent and competent partner, VDE Renewables validates the grid conformity of your power generation unit (PGU) or your PGP according to the respective grid access regulations or grid codes. We work with the VDE Institute, which conducts the testing and certification.
Our tests and certifications
- Unit certificates
- Plant certificates
- Individual verification procedure
- Verification of electrical planning
- Component certificates
- Prototype declaration
- Declarations of conformity
- Type tests on components, generation units or systems (e.g. according to FGW TR 3, VDE 0124-100)
- Validation of simulation models (e.g. according to FGW TR 4)
- Stand-alone network identification
- Country specific requirements for grid integration / grid code
Contact us to find out how we can support your grid conformity requirements.