The Power and Energy Student Summit is a annual conference for graduate students in the field of electrical power engineering working towards their Master or Ph.D. Degree and for young professionals. It aims to be a platform for the scientific exchange of young researchers and is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in writing and publishing scientific work. Furthermore, it is a space for presentation and discussion with a technical audience and with experts.
The PESS offers:
• Presentation of own research results in front of a professional audience
• Awarding of the best paper, best presentation and best poster by YoungEnergy Net with a total amount of 1,000 €.
• Publication of the three best papers in the IEEE Xplore research database
• Establishing contacts with students and representatives from research and industry
• Get to know the opportunities of participation in national and international expert committees.
• Power Transmission Systems (Hybrid AC/DC networks, Onshore/Offshore)
• Power Distribution Systems
• Integrated Power/ Gas/ Heat Systems / Hydrogen Infrastructures
• Integration of Renewable Energy
• New Grid Technologies
• Reliability / Power Quality
Grid Operation and Control
• Grid Operation / Ancillary Services
• State Estimation / Forecasting
• Power System Dynamics, Stability and Control
• Converter and Machine Controls / Grid Forming
Resilience (Prevention of Blackouts, Grid Restoration)
• Smart Grids / Distribution Automation
• Micro Grids / Cellular System Operation
• Grid Protection
Energy Management / Energy Efficiency
• Virtual Power Plants
• Decentral Energy Management
• Smart Cities and Electromobility
• Smart Meter and Demand Side Management
• Market-Grid Coordination / Smart Markets
• Sector Coupling / Hydrogen / Power2X
• Energy Storage Systems
High Voltage Engineering
• Asset Management
• Condition Monitoring
• Testing and Measurement of High Voltage
• HVDC Technologies and use
• Modelling and Simulation of Components and Grids
• Machine Learning techniques
|Students submitting a paper
University of Kassel
- Fraunhofer IEE
The deadline for submission is the 26th of September.
All students or doctoral candidates enrolled at a university or college are cordially invited to submit research papers of four to six pages. The publications can be based on the results of individual research from either project works or bachelor's or master's theses. All papers will be reviewed and assessed by a technical committee from research and industry. Authors of accepted publications will be invited to present their work at the Power and Energy Student Summit 2021 either in oral or poster sessions. According to scientific practice, all papers, presentations and posters must be in English.
The fee for participants is 45€ for regular participants and audience and 25€ for students submitting a paper.
Friendly supported by:
- VDE ETG, CIGRE Germany, Young Energy Net, Power & Energy Society