SMSI 2023 - Sensor and Measurement Science International Conferenceevent homepage
With SMSI 2023, we are taking a holistic approach to sensors and instrumentation, measurement science and metrology, represented by three individual pillars, each with a clear scientific focus, but linked by the vision to promote and contribute to the ongoing digitalization. As a consequence, we have carefully revised our scientific program in the three pillars for SMSI 2023 compared to the previous conference to address the technical challenges of the future by including topics from emerging and rapidly advancing technology areas, such as quantum sensing and quantum metrology, smart measurement and sensor systems, as well as the digital, international measurement data exchange via blockchain.
We bring together international level experts from the fields of sensing and instrumentation, measurement science and metrological infrastructure. Together with our partners from science, industry, as well as national and international research institutions, we plan to develop the biennial SMSI conference series into one of the leadingevents in these three most important fields of digitalization.
The SMSI 2023 is based on three technical pillars, representing the complete range of sensor technology and measurement science:
- Sensors and Instrumentation (Sensor principles and quantities, Sensor materials and technology, Sensor interface electronics, Applications, Satellite Conference IRS² - Infrared Sensors and Systems)
- Measurement Science (Measurement foundations, Networked and IoT-related measurement systems, Advanced measurement approaches, AI approaches in measurement, Science of measurement and its applications)
- System of Units and Metrological Infrastructure (Revised SI and its opportunities, Metrological in the digital age, Advanced calibration approaches, Advanced testing methods, Metrology in regulation and standards)
ITG Informationstechnische Gesells. im VDE
Vienna University of Technology
Science Slam Session:
A highlight of the SMSI 2021 conference was the digital Science Slam session, which you can access here: https://www.ama-science.org/direct/science-slam-2021.
If you want to participate in the Science Slam session of 2023 please contact the conference team: email@example.com. You will get support for the concept creation and production of your video. Science Slam speakers have free admission to the conference.
- Short Paper (2-pager) submission: 30 November 2022 (extended)
- Notification to authors: 15 February 2023