24. VDE ITG Fachtagung Photonische Netze
Hochschule für Technik, Wirtschaft und Kultur Leipzig
Zschochersche Str. 69
Optical communication technologies and networks form an important fundament of our society. The internet would not be as powerful and ubiquitous as it is without it. The ever-increasing demand for higher transmission capacity – in long-haul communication as well as in metro and access networks – requires more performant, but also more complex transmission systems. Besides the impressive achievements in high-speed optical transmission links, aspects such as network management, flexible and elastic networks, the evolution of heterogeneous networks, fixed-mobile integration, optical solutions for next-generation mobile networks and satellite communication have become very busy research topics that form important parts of the optical infrastructure.
This conference on photonic networks addresses all these aspects of modern optical communication networks. It shall provide the opportunity for experts to exchange ideas and present works in all these interconnected disciplines. We welcome you in Leipzig for two interesting and inspiring days!
- Components and (sub) systems for optical networks
- WDM/SDM and high-speed optical transmission
- Robust and spectrally efficient modulation and coding
- 400G+ Carrier-grade Ethernet
- Node architectures and technologies
- Optical communication systems for data centres, metro and access networks
- Optical fixed-wireless access communication
- Optical solutions for 5G/6G
- Satellite and HAP-based communication
- Planning and layout of optical networks
- Network control and protection mechanisms
- Reliability and security/privacy
- Software-defined networking and network-function virtualization
- Multi-layer analysis and IP over WDM
- Cost assessment, energy efficiency and migration scenarios
- Optical environmental monitoring
- Quantum key distribution
There will be several invited talks on current topics. Contributed presentations of 15 minutes are planned with subsequent discussions. Some contributions may be accepted as poster presentations.
- Contributions should be in English.
- The full papers should be 3 to 4 pages long. But longer articles are possible. Please adhere to the standard two-column IEEE conference template.
- A publication of the full papers on IEEE Xplore® is planned.
- Each presenter must be registered for each accepted paper. Reduced rates for presenters and students are available.
ITG Informationstechnische Gesells. im VDE
ITG-Fachausschuss 5.3. “Optische Nachrichtentechnik”
und die ITG-Fachgruppe 5.3.3. „Photonische Netze“
- Call for Contribution: January 30th, 2023