Mission of the Representative Office
- Introducing the association's positions on European level
- Offering VDE's expertise in Brussels
- Working together with business and institutions
- Observing EU procedures and supporting projects
- Providing services and support to VDE members
- Expanding monitoring
As founding member, VDE is actively involved in the umbrella organization on European level EUREL, Convention of National Associations of Electrical Engineers of Europe.
VDE Testing and Certification Institute is engaged in the European certification system (e.g. member of CEOC).
DKE, the German Commission for Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies of DIN and VDE, is the representative of Germany in the field of electrotechnical standardization on European Level within CENELEC (European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization).