Why should smart home devices be tested and certified?
Intelligent devices that control things such as lighting, heating or the camera will increase housing security and comfort. But consumers can also save time and energy in their own home or in the living room with it. However, consumers are increasingly asking themselves these questions:
- Is my Smart Home secure?
- How long can I use my devices (useful life)
- Forward and backwards compatibility
- Are the standalone devices compatible with each other?
- Is my data secure if devices automatically connect to my smartphone?
- How does communication take place between the app, the internet and the device? Can I prevent possible break-ins with a connected home?
- Can a third party control the smart devices from the outside?
The VDE Institute not only helps manufacturers of smart home solutions with answering these questions for standalone devices and entire systems. With our independent testing and certification, we also provide you a tool to communicate answers in your advertising in an eye-catching manner.