Standards ensure that products are interchangeable and work together. Standards are the driving force for new technologies that change the way we live, work and communicate. They promote global trade and in many countries have a greater impact on economic growth than patents and licenses.
- For consumers, standards mean safety in the application of products. Today a matter of course: when purchasing household appliances, customers can be sure to plug them safely into the socket and use them.
- For manufacturers, standards mean investment security, as products can be developed sustainably on the basis of standards for the European or international market.
- For users, standards mean reliability, as products from different manufacturers can be combined and work together smoothly.
VDE has electrotechnical standards in its DNA
- What is special about the VDE: it drives innovations holistically – from research to implementation in internationally standardized products and systems to their testing and certification.
- VDE brings German requirements and solutions into international standardization. At DKE, we manage and accompany the entire standardization process – right from the start.
- VDE application rules make new concepts and innovative technologies for grid operation suitable: from the system's point of view, connection rules provide the technical framework for the energy transition. The focus lies on the safe development of the overall system.
- The VDE develops standards further and brings solutions developed in Germany into international standardization. This is crucial for the competitiveness of the technologies and products developed here.