In a nutshell
- Anyone can request the development of a new Application Rule
- In the case of a positive assessment by the relevant Steering Committee, the drafting of a VDE-Application Rule is be agreed upon and a corresponding schedule is published
- All relevant experts are then involved in the development of an Application Rule
- Drafts are published and all proposed amendments are processed before the rules come into force
- Application Rules are checked regularly and updated as required
Process cycle for VDE-AR-N 4000
Anyone can submit a request to VDE FNN for the creation of a new Application Rule or indeed for the revision of an existing Application Rule (Right to request).
The relevant Steering Committee then examines the request and decides whether the conditions for technical regulation are met. If these requirements are fulfilled a project group is created. Before an Application Rule is developed or revised, VDE FNN announces its intentions on its announcements page. In this way the experts involved can track the project from its inception and participate in its development. Experts in project groups draft Application Rules always based on consensus.