Even if the device or system seems very attractive: If a switch, relay, or even a fuse does not provide the necessary quality, then the entire system is called into question. And if there is a problem with quality or safety, then the manufacturer’s reputation quickly suffers, and the consumer is put at risk. Therefore, you can trust the VDE Institute’s decades of experience along with our testing and certification quality. Due to our work in international standardization bodies, manufacturers can benefit from up-to-date information as early as during development of their products.
Components and installation technology – Testing and certification at the VDE Institute
Safety already begins with the smallest component and continues with all electric and electronic components that are used in assemblies, devices and systems for home, business and industry. And because safety depends on detail, precision and testing quality are our utmost priority.
VDE-tested products are preferably used
The VDE marks are well-known premium marks for tested safety of electric and electronic components, assemblies and systems in Europe and the world. They are proven to be not just a test seal but an award. Irrespective of whether it’s manufacturers of electrical and electronic components, assemblies or systems, whether it’s research and development, contractors, distributors or installers: Installation technology components and products bearing the VDE mark are gladly used, because people can rely on the VDE Institute’s neutral testing. The VDE Institute’s test mark with “Made in Germany” test quality provides the required peace of mind, thereby paving the way to all markets – geographically and specific to an industry.
At the VDE Institute, the following components are tested and certified, among others
- Electronic meters/smart meters
- Radio interference suppression parts
- Appliance switches and appliance fuses
- Installation material, installation switches, installation sockets
- Low-voltage switchgear devices
- Regulators and controllers
- Protective devices, low-voltage fuse, circuit breaker, fault-current circuit breaker
- Plug systems, connector system, connectors
We test even more products. Feel free to talk to us.
Our service offerings for components and installation products
- Chemical analyses and sustainability
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Energy efficiency measurements and ecodesign
- Environmental and protection class tests
- Insulation material tests
- International service
- Manufacturing inspections and monitoring
- Usability tests
- Product safety
- Smart metering
- Supply chain services
- VDE SMART Manual
National and international product approvals
In addition to issuing the VDE mark, the VDE Institute conducts a multitude of additional tests based on national and international standards and regulations and according to the International Quality Assessment System for Electronic Components (IECQ). They pave the way to certification in nearly every country in the world. Furthermore, collaboration with on-site partners allows for quick and smooth access to the world market. At the same time, the VDE’s international certification process offers efficient processing for obtaining foreign test marks and certificates for your target export country.
- VDE, VDE-GS, VDE-ENEC, VDE-EMC
- CB certificates, CCC, EAC, CECC/IECQ
- EU certificate of conformity for the CE mark