- Publication in EU Official Journal: August 17, 2016
- In force: September 7, 2016
- Implementation in national rules through VDE|FNN not later than September 7, 2018
- Implementation by grid operators and manufacturers no later than August 17, 2019
Network Code on Demand Connection (DCC)
The European Network Code on Demand Connection includes harmonized regulations for grid connection of consumption and distribution systems. It focuses on the cross-border electricity trade. Load management, load-side matchings and demand side response are being addressed by the code as well as new rules for the cooperation of system and network operators.
|VDE Code of Practice|
Period for objection
|Requirements on customer installations|
|Connection to Extra High Voltage (E VDE-AR-N 4130)||07/31/2017||10/1/2017||(05/2018)||open|
|Connection and Operation of Customer Installations to High-Voltage Grid",|
(E VDE-AR-N 4120)
|Connection and Operation of Customer Installations to Medium-Voltage Grid",|
(E VDE-AR-N 4110)
|Requirements on network operators|
|Interfaces between Transmission System and Distribution System Operators for Secure Grid Operation (E VDE-AR-N 4141)||08/25/2017||10/25/2017||(09/2018)||open|
Cascading Measures for the System Safety of Electrical Power Grids,"
Backing the creation process
VDE|FNN has closely followed the Network Codes creation process and regularly submitted proposals for improvement.
- Requirements do not refer to the grid connection point
- Interfaces between transmission system and distribution system operators
- Frequency-stabilizing measures by the transmission system operator should be carried out in coordination with the distribution system operator
- Definitions must be harmonized and clearly defined (e.g. significant load)
- Demand side response requirements should be reduced to technical requirements