- Publication in EU Official Journal: April 27, 2016
- In force: May 17, 2016
- Implementation in national rules through VDE|FNN: May 17, 2018
- The pre-release versions of the VDE application rules are currently being notified by the EU Commission
- Inclusion in VDE body of technical standardization with introductory and transitional period not later than April 27, 2019
Network Code Requirements for Generators (RfG)
The Network Code describes the grid connection requirements for generators at all voltage levels. It focuses on the cross-border electricity trade. The regulations include, for example, capabilities for frequency stabilization, provision of reactive power to the point of black start capacity of large installations.
VDE Application rule
|Draft||Period for objection||Consultation on proposals for changes|
Pre-release version for notification
|Notification||Inclusion in VDE body of technical standardization|
|Connection to Extra High Voltage (VDE-AR-N 4130)||07/31/2017||01/10/2017||03/26-27/2018||05/17/2018||08/23/2018||in preparation|
|Connection and Operation of Power Generating Plants to Low-Voltage Grid", (VDE-AR-N 4105)||06/23/2017||08/23/2017||03/06-08/2018||05/17/2018||08/23/2018||in preparation|
|Connection and Operation of Customer Installations to Low-Voltage Grid", (E VDE-AR-N 4100)||04/28/2017||06/28/2017||02/21-23/2018||middle of 2018|
|Connection and Operation to High-Voltage Grid and their Operation",|
|Connection and Operation to Medium-Voltage Grid",|
Backing the creation process
VDE|FNN has closely followed the Network Codes "Requirements for Generators" and submitted proposals for improvement regularly.
- Classification in performance categories: Voltage-depending power classification in accordance with national regulations must be observed.
- The existing national classification by voltage levels is referred to both in the existing connection conditions and also in guidelines and eligibility conditions.
- Definition of clear areas of responsibility (e.g. provisions relating to the access of the TSO to NO in active power control)
Definitions need to be harmonized and explicitly demarcated:
- e.g. power generating facility / power generating module / power park module
- Requirements in Germany refer to the grid connection point